Cycle the Cape Peninsula
Extend your cycling holiday with a 5 day tour around Cape Town
Day 1: Arrival and overnight stay in Cape Town
Day 2: Your free day to explore Cape Town (option to use the Hop On Hop Off Bus). In the afternoon optional Table Mountain walk depending on weather (payable on site).
Day 3: Cycle to Simon's Town: Bakoven – Hout Bay – Chapman’s Peak – Simon’s Town
(approx. 40 km)
Our bike ride starts just outside Bakoven after initially transferring from your accommodation out of the Cape Town. Cycle south along the Atlantic coast and climb the famous Chapman’s Peak to the view point over Hout Bay. We finish our bike ride in Simon's Town after crossing over the Peninsula to False Bay. A visit to the Penguins at Boulders beach completes a wonderful day.
Day 4: Simon's Town – Cape Point Nature Reserve – Scarborough – Misty Cliffs – Simon’s Town (approx. 60 – 80 km)
We cycle along the coastline to the entrance of Cape Point Nature Reserve. Enjoy the first spectacular viewpoint over the Bay. Descending further South into the park, we head to the tip of Africa at the Cape of Good Hope. After taking in the majestic views, we ride towards the old lighthouse at Cape Point. Optional walk up to the viewpoint if time and weather permits. We return to Simon’s Town passing Scarborough and the wonderful Misty Cliffs.
Day 5: Departure – transfer to Cape Town International Airport after breakfast.
- Transfer from Cape Town International Airport to first hotel
- 2 night’s accommodation at a guesthouse in Cape Town (breakfast included)
- 2 Guided bicycle tours
- Bicycle rental and helmet
- 2 night’s accommodation at a guesthouse in Simon’s Town (breakfast included)
- Transfer from last hotel to Cape Town International Airport
- Guide, driver and vehicle transport included where required
Additional optional services:
- The hop on/off bus
- Table mountain hike
- E-bikes rental (manual hybrids already included)